Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Temple and Morning Light


I was walking up to the temple one morning just as the sun was lighting up Rock Canyon in the background.  I stopped and snapped this picture because I love the imagery of light.  The morning light breaking over the temple as I walked up the hill just made me stop and contemplate.  Two verses of scripture come together to give meaning to this image:
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. - John 8: 12
For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house. - D&C 110: 7
Because the temple has been a key to my journey to know my Savior, Jesus Christ, I see it as a place where the Light of Christ is visible.  We walk in the light as the Lord is manifest to us in the temple.  I see the temple as a symbol of the Lord being among us.  I see light as a symbol of the learning that is available as we turn to the Lord through scripture study and temple worship.

1 comment: